R.E.D. Truck Campaign Begins: May 18 – July 15
In honor of Military Appreciation Month and Armed Forces Day (May 20), The Underwood Family Foundation is partnering with our Armed Forces Network to launch a very special fleet of Young’s Market Company trucks. For the first time in our company’s history, a fleet of red trucks proudly displays artwork honoring our deployed servicemen and servicewomen. Monday, March 24 marked the fleet’s inaugural route in military communities across California, Arizona, Hawaii, and Washington.
The fleet’s artwork was inspired by members of Young’s Armed Forces Network: a young son welcoming home his father, with the words, “Remember Everyone Deployed”. The national R.E.D. movement pays respect to those who are actively deployed protecting our country. “At Young’s, we have a strong culture of supporting our service members,” said Chris Lees, President of the Armed Forces Network. “Every Friday, our employees wear red shirts or red buttons in solidarity with the nationwide R.E.D. initiative.”
Join us in supporting our deployed servicemen and servicewomen!
- Take a photo of a Young’s truck with the Remember Everyone Deployed (R.E.D.) artwork or snap a selfie wearing red on a Friday.
- Post your pic to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtag: #REDtruck.
- For every qualifying #REDtruck post between May 18 and July 15, The Underwood Family Foundation will donate $1 to charities that support our veterans and troops.
R.E.D. Truck Community Campaign Details:
- Eligible photos include: (1) a Young’s truck with the Remember Everyone Deployed (R.E.D.) artwork or (2) a selfie wearing red on a Friday.
- Eligible posts must include the hashtag: #REDtruck.
- Eligible social media platforms: Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Profiles on social media must be public (not private) to be considered.
- For every eligible post, The Underwood Family Foundation will donate $1 (total campaign donation not to exceed $10,000). The funds raised will be earmarked for charities that support our veterans and deployed troops.
- Campaign run time: May 19 – July 15, 2017
- We will be sharing photos on our social media channels throughout the campaign.
Follow Young’s on social media!